Prophetic Witness - May 2011
Two Great Days,
Two Great Doctrines
The first day, May 24, A.D. 33, marked the spiritual birth of the church in Jerusalem. The second day, May 14,1948, marked the national rebirth of Israel in Tel Aviv.
The first event supports the view that the church is neither a continuation nor a replacement of Old Testament Israel. The second event supports the view that God is not finished with Old Testament Israel.
The remainder of this article will briefly examine the circumstances and implications of each day.
The First Day
Both covenant and replacement theologians teach that the church has become God's elect people, instead of Israel. But this is not the case, as seen by the following eight arguments.
(Note: Only part of this article has been reproduced here. To read the whole article you need to purchase the specific edition of Prophetic Witness in which it was printed. If this is not our current edition of Prophetic Witness, then please contact our Head Office (details at the bottom of this page) to see if it is still available).
In this edition of Prophetic Witness
- Powerpoint - this month's comment from Rev Colin Le Noury, General Director.
- Two Great days, Two Great Doctrines by Harold L. Willmington
- God's Prophetic Time Out by Harold L. Willmington (article first used by FOIGM)
- You Shall Be My Witnesses: The Transatlantic History Of PWMI - Part 2 by Dr Paul Wilkinson
- The Crucial Cross - Rev Ian McPherson
- In Touch - Rev Colin Le Noury
- From Our Israel Desk - David Hoyle
- Signs Of The Times - Tony Pearce
- Revelation 6: The Lamb - Executive Power Displayed by Norman S. Clay
- What In The World Is Happening?
- Statement Of Belief
- What's On