Prophetic Witness - July 2011
The Great Day of The LORD
The first part of Zephaniah's prophecy is mostly a warning of judgement coming on Judah and the nations. This would reach its climax in the event described as the day of the Lord. Zephaniah 1:14-16 described that day:
'The great day of the LORD is near; it is near and hastens quickly. The noise of the day of the LORD is bitter; there the mighty men shall cry out. That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of devastation and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, a day of trumpet and alarm against the fortified cities and against the high towers.'
(Note: Only part of this article has been reproduced here. To read the whole article you need to purchase the specific edition of Prophetic Witness in which it was printed. If this is not our current edition of Prophetic Witness, then please contact our Head Office (details at the bottom of this page) to see if it is still available).
In this edition of Prophetic Witness
- Powerpoint - this month's comment by Dr Paul Wilkinson
- Zephaniah 3 - The Great Day of the LORD - by Tony Pearce
- From Our Israel Desk - David Hoyle
- In Touch - Rev Colin Le Noury
- The Error of A-Millennialism by Andrew D. Robinson
- Signs of the Times by Tony Pearce
- The Postponement of the Kingdom by Dr. Stephen Boreland
- The Lamb - Evangelism Gives Results - by Norman Clay
- What In The World Is Happening?
- Statement of Belief
- What's On - the PWMI Diary