Prophetic Witness - January 2019
Why Has One Nation Been
Singled Out For Such Hatred?
Many Nations on earth experience persecution at some stage, but no other in history has suffered like Israel, explains retired Elim minister Mervyn Tilley.
Of all the nations in the world, Israel is quite unique. Unique in two ways: negative and positive. Most nations on the earth have experienced persecution at some stage but no other nation has experienced persecution as Israel has - almost continuously since they became a nation.
Psalm 129:1 says, “They have greatly oppressed me from my youth, let Israel say. They have greatly oppressed me from my youth, but they have not gained the victory over me."
Opposition to Israel
- Islam is vehemently opposed to Israel. In fact, the only thing that unites Islam is a common hatred of Israel — without that factor Islam is just as splintered as Judaism and Christianity.
- The UN is biased against Israel — Ban Ki-moon admitted this after he left office as General Secretary. Between 1947 and 1989 there were 690 resolutions of which 429 were against Israel — 45 per cent of all resolutions against just one nation!
The UN has a department dealing with human rights issues solely dedicated to Israel. All other nations are dealt with en bloc.
- UNESCO is a department of the UN dedicated to erasing all Jewish connections to Jerusalem. The latest move involved trying to stop excavations of the City of David below the slopes of the Temple Mount.
- Europe is also biased against Israel a more often than not buying into the Palestinian narrative whilst at the same time being in major denial over the threat of Islam.
- Many of the world’s nations are against Israel — again buying into the Palestinian propaganda machine. Those who protest against Israel claim it is to do with Israel taking Palestinian land and yet long before there was a Jewish state the Arabs were implacably opposed to the very notion of a Jewish homeland in Palestine.
When the British divided Palestine they gave 78 per cent to form what was to become Jordan. whose population today is still 60 per cent Palestinian. This means that the remaining 22 per cent of Palestine was divided between the Jews and the Arabs.
Much is made of the 700,000 Arabs who fled Palestine in 1948, yet there is little mention of the fact more than 800,000 Jews were expelled from Arab nations around the Middle East, some of whom had been living there for millennia. Israel's many detractors constantly call for recognition of Palestine as a State, yet they never seem to call on Hamas & Fatah to recognise Israel’s right to exist.
- Many universities around the world are hotbeds of antisemitism, some even barring Israeli academics from speaking.
- Large sections of the Church are very much against Israel — with bodies like Sabeel and Christ at the Checkpoint leading the way, having adopted the Palestinian narrative. The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign (EDS) has garnered a great deal of support from mainline churches — although 24 States in the USA have taken a stand against it.
- Here in the UK, antisemitism increased by 65 per cent in 2017. However, this is not a recent phenomenon by any means this is the culmination of hostility that has been going on for millennia.
The big question is this: why should one nation be singled out for such treatment? In this sense, antisemitism is so irrational. It just doesn't make sense, given that Jewish people are made of the same stuff as every other human being.
So why antisemitism? There are at least three reasons that could be given:
1. God chose Israel to be his own special people. And whatever God is for, Satan is against. Jealousy began with Ishmael who was overlooked in favour of Isaac. Jealousy took a further hold through Esau who was also overlooked in favour of Jacob. To spite his father, Esau married a daughter of Ishmael. From Esau came Edom and the Edomites. Then Esau's son had a concubine named Timna and from her came Amalek which became one of Israel's fiercest enemies.
2. Israel rejected God by having Jesus crucified. This was seized upon by large sections of the Church from early days and this is where replacement theology came from. In other words — God rejected the Jews because they had rejected Jesus.
3. A massive propaganda exercise by the Palestinians ~ with a successful disinformation programme which the world has swallowed wholesale. In fact, Palestinian Liberation Theology has de-zionised the entire Old Testament and replaced it with a Palestinian narrative. ...
(Note: Only part of this article has been reproduced here. To read the whole article you need to purchase the specific edition of Prophetic Witness in which it was printed. If this is not our current edition of Prophetic Witness, then please contact our Head Office (details at the bottom of this page) to see if it is still available).
Also in this edition of Prophetic Witness
Powerpoint - from Alec Passmore
The General Director's Report 2018
Why Has One One Nation Been Singled Out For Such Hatred?
Our Statement Of Belief
Signs Of The Times
Scotland... The Story So Far!
Christ In Prophecy
From Our Israel Desk
Certainties And Uncertainties In Revelation
Church & Branch Listings
God Holds The Key
What In The World Is Happening?
Book Of The Month