Prophetic Witness - January 2011
THE LAMB'S BOOK OF LIFE
by Martin Oliver
Before dealing with 'The Lamb's Book of Life', we need to look at what Scripture says in regard to 'The Book of Life' and the other books that will be opened, in the last days before the New Heaven and Earth are established. The Book of Life (also translated 'a scroll') has been in existence from before the beginning of time. It is a book of names, that God calls 'My Book,' of which Moses wrote in Exodus 32:33, when he interceded on Israel's behalf following their making a golden calf to worship. On that occasion Moses said to God, "please forgive their sin but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written" (See Exodus 32:32). The words 'blot out' literally mean 'rub out' or 'erase' both in the old Testament and in the New Testament. This introduces us to the subject of The Lamb's Book of Life, the exact interpretation of which is not without its difficulties. It is therefore not surprising that little Christian literature is devoted to this subject. Hopefully the following may help us to understand a little more of what God has planned and revealed in Holy Scripture. Firstly let us look more closely at The Book of Life.
(Note: Only part of this article has been reproduced here. To read the whole article you need to purchase the specific edition of Prophetic Witness in which it was printed. If this is not our current edition of Prophetic Witness, then please contact our Head Office (details at the bottom of this page) to see if it is still available).
In this edition of Prophetic Witness
- Powerpoint - this month's comment from Rev. Glyn Taylor.
- General Director's Annual Report - Rev. Colin Le Noury.
- The Lamb's Book of Life - Martin Oliver.
- What Are The Signs of The Coming Messiah? - Ludwig Schneider
- Echoes of the Past - The Coming Kingdom - Rev. E. Bendor Samuel
- The Holy City, The New Jerusalem by Dr. Donald CB Cameron
- Signs Of The Times - Tony Pearce
- From Our Israel Desk - David Hoyle
- In Touch - Rev. Colin Le Noury
- One Ordinary Day - Barbara G. Skelton
- 19th Annual Pre-Trib Study Group Conference - A Report By Dr. Paul Wilkinson.
- What In The World Is Happening? - Brian Papworth (NZ)
- Statement of Belief
- What's On: The PWMI Diary