Prophetic Witness - March 2017
The Promise Of The Rapture
by Dr Ed Hindson
One of the most compelling and exciting prophetic events described in the Bible is the rapture at the Church. It is clearly taught in 1 Thessalonians chapter 4, where the apostle Paul provides us with these details:
This we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words (verses 15-18).
From this passage of Scripture, we can see that there are five stages to the rapture:
1. The Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout and with the sound of a trumpet.
2. The dead in Christ will rise first.
3. Then we who are alive and remain on the earth will be caught up together with them in the clouds.
4. We will meet the Lord in the air.
5. And we will always be with Him.
The English word rapture comes from the Latin rapto, which is a translation of the Greek word harpazo in the Greek New Testament. All these terms mean "caught up” or "snatched away.” While the word rapture does not appear in English translations, the concept of the rapture certainly does.
(Note: Only part of this article has been reproduced here. To read the whole article you need to purchase the specific edition of Prophetic Witness in which it was printed. If this is not our current edition of Prophetic Witness, then please contact our Head Office (details at the bottom of this page) to see if it is still available).
Also in this edition:
- Powerpoint - by Rev Colin Le Noury
- Jesus Returns: The Promise Of The Rapture - Dr Ed Hindson
- Statement of Belief
- The Battleground Of Truth!
- Lectures To My Students
- Bournemouth Convention 2017
- The Significance Of The Hour
- Signs Of The Times
- From Our Israel Desk
- In Touch
- What In The World Is Happening?
- What's On